Monday, January 26, 2009

New Years Resolution Time

Yep. It's that time again. Time when everyone in the entire world resolves to do something they will never follow through on. I was ruminating on the whole resolution thing one night while I was unable to fall asleep and made a bold decision. Yep. THIS year. I am NOT going to 1) lose 100 pounds, 2) become an exercise fanatic, 3) save the whales, or 4) stop global warming. Nope. THIS year I am going to resolve to do something that I have a shot in hell of actually DOING. To that end, here are my 2009 Resolutions. Prepare to be amazed.

I am going to send birthday cards to all our family and good friend. In the mail, actual cards with stamps. United States Postal Service mail. I mean really, how much personal mail does anyone actually get anymore? You get bills, magazines, catalogs and junk right? So wouldn't it be a cool surprise to get a birthday card in the mail? Second I'm going to be more mindful of my carbon footprint. I'm re-using plastic bags, making sure everything gets into the recycling bin, and making more careful choices in the store. I'm using my own grocery bags instead of paper OR plastic. Little things, but little things that would add up if more people did them.

So we'll see. So far so good, I've sent 3 birthday cards in time for them to arrive on the correct date, and as we speak I have plastic bags drying on the rack. Maybe at the end of this year I will look back and say WOW! I kept my resolutions!

No comments: